DECISION: GRANT (FULL PLANNING)
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason: In accordance with section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended by section 51 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004).
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans and details:
Site Location Plan & Block Plan: Drawing No. BA1826.01 revision C, dated March 2018
Proposed Site Levels Plan: Drawing No. BA1826.16, revision D, dated December 2018
Proposed elevations and levels AA and BB: Drawing No. BA1826.19 revision C, dated December 2018
Proposed elevations and levels CC: Drawing No. BA1826.20 revision B, dated December 2018
Proposed elevations and levels DD: Drawing No. BA1826.21A revision A, dated January 2019
As proposed plans and elevations: Drawing No. BA 1826.18 revision C
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning, as advised in Planning Practice Guidance Paragraph: 022 Reference ID: 21a-022-20140306.
3. No development shall take place, including any works of excavation, until a Construction Method Statement has been submitted to, and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The Statement shall provide for:
a) the area(s) of the site to be used for storage of materials and plant; the construction site access, parking and manoeuvring, with the intention of containing all related vehicles and equipment within the site as far as reasonably possible; and
b) construction work to take place only between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00 Monday to Fridays, 08:00 and 13:00 on Saturdays and not at any time on Sundays, Bank or Public Holidays. The approved Construction Method Statement shall be adhered to throughout the construction period for the development.
Reason: These details are required prior to commencement of works to ensure the environmental impacts of construction, including initial groundworks are prevented or minimised in accordance with Policy EN5 of the Rother Local Plan Core Strategy.
4. Before commencement of any works on site, a Waste Management Plan/Statement to include details of the measures to minimise and manage waste generated by the scheme shall be submitted for the consideration and approval of the Local Planning Authority. This shall include principally the proposed means of disposing of excavated spoil from the groundworks. The development shall only be carried out in accordance with the approved details.
Reason: In the interests of seeking a sustainable development which minimises waste, in accordance with the Supplementary Planning Guidance on "Construction and Demolition Waste" (2006), by East Sussex County Council and having regard to amenity issues in accordance with Policy OSS4 (ii) of the Rother Local Plan Core Strategy. These details are required prior to commencement of works to ensure the environmental impacts of construction, including initial groundworks, are managed throughout the course of development.
Note: subject to consideration of the details of any proposal (Waste Management Plan/Statement), the applicant/developer is advised that the deposition of extracted spoil, including on any adjacent land, may constitute development requiring planning permission in its own right.
5. Before the relevant part of the development is commenced, samples of all materials to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the development hereby permitted shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. This shall include the materials to be used externally on the retaining walls. The development shall be carried out only in accordance the approved details.
Reason: To ensure that the development reflects the character of the locality and to preserve the visual amenities of the area in accordance with Policies OSS4 (iii) of the Rother Local Plan Core Strategy.
6. The proposed window design details shall comprise only side opening casements and any non-opening windows shall be designed as fixed casements of similar appearance to the opening units, to achieve a balanced and uniform window appearance and overall, reflect the traditional style of window design in the High Weald.
Reason: To maintain the characteristics of the locality in accordance with Policy OSS4 (iii) of the Rother Local Plan Core Strategy.
7. Detail of the positions, design, height, materials and type of boundary treatment to be erected shall be submitted for the consideration and subsequent approval of the Local Planning Authority. The proposed details shall include the retention of the existing frontage hedge, which shall be protected during the course of development and retained thereafter in accordance with the details set out in the application. The boundary treatment shall be completed in accordance with the approved details before the dwelling is occupied.
Reason: To enhance the appearance of the development in accordance with Policy OSS4 (iii) of the Rother Local Plan Core Strategy.
8. The dwelling hereby approved shall not be occupied until two on-site parking spaces have been provided to serve the new dwelling and two on-site spaces have been provided to serve the existing Spring Cottage in accordance with the approved plan, Drawing No. BA1826.16A revision A, and the areas shall thereafter be retained for that use and shall not be used other than for the parking and turning of motor vehicles.
Reason: To provide on-site parking areas to ensure that the proposed development does not prejudice the free flow of traffic or conditions of general safety along the highway in accordance with Policy TR4 of the Rother Local Plan Core Strategy.
9. The area of the residential curtilage to be provided to serve the new dwelling shall be in accordance with the red line indicated on the approved plan (Drawing No. BA1826.01 revision C) and shall be retained as such thereafter.
Reason: To ensure that a reasonable quality of garden amenity area is provided to serve the needs of future occupiers of the new dwelling in accordance with Policy OSS4 (i) of the Rother Local Plan Core Strategy.
NATIONAL PLANNING POLICY FRAMEWORK: In accordance with the requirements of the Framework (paragraph 38) and with the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015, the Local Planning Authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by assessing the proposal against all material considerations, including planning policies and any representations that have been received and subsequently determining to grant planning permission in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development, as set out within the National Planning Policy Framework.