The Licensing and General Purposes Committee consists of 12 Members of the Council and undertakes the Council’s functions under the Licensing Act 2003 and gambling legislation, which are as follows:
· Health and safety at work act
· Appeals against any decision made by or on behalf of the authority
· Determination of applications for benefits and discretionary rate relief
· Elections and Electoral Registration
· Parish and Town Council matters
· Standing Orders
· Staffing matters
· Control of pollution, contaminated land and air quality
The Licensing and General Purposes Committee usually delegates its licensing responsibilities to a smaller sub-committee of Members, who consider and make decisions on individual applications. The Committee meets four scheduled times a year. The meetings are usually held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bexhill-on-Sea and are normally open to the public.
View upcoming public committee documents for this committee on your iPad, Android Device or Blackberry Playbook with the free modern.gov app.
Support officer: Louise Hollingsworth Email: email@example.com. 01424 787815